Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm learning . . . .

Well, I've spent part of the day trying to get my profile pic in the right place--still can't do it. So I've decided to post pics of Luke's first day of school. Isn't he just the cutest thing?







Luke was sooooo excited about going to school--counting the days down and asking everyday "Is today when I go to school?" So he woke up on Monday morning, got dressed by himself and couldn't wait to leave. So we took the other boys to school and off to TP Playschool we went. As we walked in the door, he got a bit overwhelmed and grabbed my leg and started crying. I wanted to cry too because I know he was scared and didn't want to cry but just couldn't hold it in. But this being my fourth child, I knew how to handle it (compared to the first child--Noah's first day of Playschool is another story for another day). So I reassured him, told him he would have a good day, that Ms. Denise would take care of him, and that I'd be back soon. And then I couldn't get to my van fast enough--then my tears came. I sat and had a big ole blubbering cry. I can't believe that my babies are growing and my last one is big enough to go to school. If I remember correctly, my dear beloved husband made fun of me! He says he wasn't but I think he was. He knew that I would cry and was just waiting for it. Crazy man! So anyway, Luke had a GREAT week! He woke up on Friday morning and said, "when do I graduate?" Guess he thought "been there, done that!"

Hope you and yours are having a GREAT weekend!

No comments: