Sunday, August 27, 2006

it's been a HI HO CHERRY-O weekend!

 

I can't believe it but we have NEVER owned this cute game--HI HO CHERRY-O!!!! I bought it for Luke but all of the boys and I have had fun playing it. Plus a new deck of LSU cards and Luke whipped my butt playing BATTLE--the first time ever that I ran out of cards in a game of BATTLE and no cheating. Really it happend! You know, usually the game just goes on and on and on and so I start a little "cheating" to hurry the game up. But this time, it really happend. And I was thrilled. One can only take so much of BATTLE, you know!

We've had a GREAT weekend. We spent Friday afternoon at the pool although it was cloudy and thundering so we left. Then we got up on Saturday morning and headed to BR to shop for fabric. Noah went with Jimmy and Asa went bowling with a friend so only Andrew and Luke had to endure the torture! I didn't find anything so I was dissapointed but the search is still on. We visited with my parents for a bit and then went to a birth day party for Howie and Aly's baby girl, Katie--she is one year old ALREADY!!!! boy how time flies! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KATIE GIRL! Off to church this morning and then a sweet two-hour nap for me! woohoo! for those of you who know me well, a nap to me ranks up there with chocolate and diamonds!!! the boys and the BIG boy (JWA) never understand it but I say a nap is good for the soul. Red beans and rice for supper now and the smell is summoning me.

Hope you had a nice weekend as well. Here's to a GREAT week! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm lurking while waiting for the plumber, painter/carpenter and delivery from the hardware store, all supposed to be here at 8:00-it is now 8:25-really jealous of the free stuff!! Hope the bathroom is coming along

ta