Wednesday, August 30, 2006

update on the bathroom. . . . .

Some of you have asked for an update on the bathroom and while I had planned to blog about it yesterday, I wan unable to do so fearing that my explicatives would get me booted off of blogspot! Yes, that's right--it was a bit of a frustrating day. First of all, the electrician arrived at 7 am--ok, isn't that a bit early???--and then only to tell us that there was extensive electrical work that needed to be done before installing ONE light!!!!!!!! (our wiring is original from 1942--that's a story for another day). Then the electrician's helper FELL THROUGH THE CEILING IN THE FRONT BEDROOM! leaving about a six foot square hole! No kidding!!!!!!!!! And finally while the carpenter's helper was repairing the crater in the ceiling, his ladder fell against the bedroom window and broke it!!!!!! No kidding!!!!!!!

But today has been better and I am starting to see progress. The bathtub/shower unit is in and the sheetrock is going up as I type. Jimmy and I went to Lowe's this morning and got the sink top, faucets, light fixtures, flooring, etc. Now the question is what color to paint . . . . . at first I wanted a light blue with chocolate brown trim and cabinets but then I changed to light aqua with the chocolate brown but now I am thinking of just brown--lighter on the walls of course. Any suggestions or comments on the paint color would be appreciated.

The completion date has been moved back a bit especially since the ceiling in the bedroom incident and the removing and replacing of three door facings to get the shower unit in, etc. But I am hoping that in another week, we can atleast use the bathtub and toilet. Six people using one toilet--well, let's just say we are all on the same poop schedule! ok, I know--too much information!

No comments: