Friday, September 29, 2006

Goodbye Pinkey!

 

It was a sad day here for us on Wednesday because Jimmy and I had to tell Asa (and the other boys) that Pinkey was hit by an 18-wheeler and died. Ballard had given her to Asa for his birthday just this past June 30 after Belle had died just a few days before that. Ballard and Kim spent all day on the phone that day searching for the perfect FREE dog. And Pinkey was perfect. She was a female 6 month old black lab that even I fell in love with and let her inside a lot! She slept on our couch most nights. We had just had her spayed and she even had emergency surgery three days later for a hernia. Anyway, we thought that she was not going to the road anymore and felt comfortable leaving her out--WRONG! And it was Kim herself who witnessed the hit and called to tell me. How ironic is that. Poor Asa--his littl heart is broken. I debated whether to tell him that she died or that she just ran away but in the end it was Terri Irwin's interview on 20/20 that convinced me to tell the truth. If you didn't see that interview, you missed a powerful moment. So, being the sap that I am, I told Asa that he could pick out a puppy from Ms. Dorothy's dog's litter (she is Luke's teacher assistant). So we picked out TWO yesterday! They are a mix of dauschand and jack russell terrier. Yep, I am a SUCKER! Two more weeks and they will come home with us. and you guessed it . . . I'll be posting pics here. Posted by Picasa

No comments: