Thursday, September 14, 2006

Happy 15 years Jimmy!


Today is our 15th wedding anniversary! Boy how time flies. Sometimes it feels just like yesterday and other times it seems like an eternity--I am such a different person than I was 15 years ago--and I would say for the better. It's amazing what maturity can do for oneself. Not that I was immature when I married -- but I was ONLY 20 -- but life's journey truly creates one's personality--does that make sense? Anyway, this is my time to tell Jimmy how much I love him and how lucky I feel that he is my husband. You know, we really have a GREAT marriage--perfect by no means but good in so many ways. The best thing that I can say about Jimmy as my husband is that he still makes me laugh! even when I don't want to--he can still do it. We have been through a lot -- moves, job changes, financial struggles, four pregnancies!, religious issues, and most recently the surprise appearance of a daughter that he knew nothing about. And for us, there has only been one choice--keep on keeping on and work it out! I so admire him for so many things--his drive to provide for us, his desire to be the best daddy that he can be, his compassion for others and even his intolerance of things that he believes to be wrong, his love for his children and his acceptance of having a daughter, and mostly for his absolute dedication to me. So many of these issues can either push you apart or draw you closer, and I am proud to say that we choose the latter. Isn't it Tim McGraw that has a song about Love being a choice, you know, you have to really work at it---and it is sometimes really hard. I have made some really bad choices in our years together that have affected the both of us (no, not THAT!) and he has always been there to forgive me and together we pick up the pieces. So today I say, "Jimmy, Happy Anniversary! Thanks for being my husband and for loving me. I couldn't be any luckier." Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to many more! This was our year for 20. Time does fly. Love, ML

Anonymous said...

So, I make you laugh huh? Guess I had many topics to chose from at the "resturant" we went to in celebration of these 15 wonderful years together. I will have to have a talk with the friend who recommended Sullivan's. We both wanted to go somewhere that neither one of us had been before and now we can say we did and neither one of us will go again. I am running out of room, I have more to say. Looks like we picked the right wedding song "Through the Rocking Years". I Love You and thanks for 15 great years. Can other people see all this? I was gonna say some other things but not sure who can see it. Love Ya, Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I must say that I have a tear in my eye! Sweet, sweet! (& I absolutely love that your wedding song was "through the Rocking Years" I'll be singing it for ya'll the rest of the day!)