Monday, October 09, 2006

Bathroom, puppies, table and chair . . . .

Well, here is my bathroom---isn't it awesome? If you don't think so, just go back into my archives and check out what it used to look like--ugh! don't even want to look at those pics. It is still not 100% complete--don't get me started on my carpenter's lack of communication and committment--but it is complete enough to show you.

Next, let me introduce you to Boudreaux and Bandit--our newest pets. After telling Asa that Pinkey was killed, remember this is how I smoothed it over--"oh we can get some of Mrs. Dorothy's puppies." and we got them today. I wanted to name them Boudreaux and Butt Paste but the boys wouldn't go for the latter. So here's to scooping up poop and pee again.


 
 
 
 

And then there is the table and chair that made my weekend. Silly the little things that make me smile. Anyway, I am in charge of the church garage sale--can't I just learn to say "NO?" and as I was going through all the junk I found a few treasures. This old metal chair is exactly like the one MawMaw Betz had in her kitchen for years. And it brings me back to her cooking and me eating out of her sugar bowl (she never had any sweets around so I would eat sugar by the spoonful out of the sugar bowl on her table!). I gave this old chair a yellow paint job and I just love the retro look about it. Gives my boys a place to sit -- one at a time in the kitchen (since I took out the bar stools when I chopped the bar off and made it into an island). And the table was bare but looks like someone put many hours into making it with intricate designs on the top of it. So I stained it dark and it looks like teak now. LOVE it! Burning a hazlenut candle with the fall breeze outside and I am loving it.

That's all for now. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, I am still singing "Rockin' chairs, Rockin' babies..." LOL!