Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's been a crazy week . . . .

so I have neglected the blog a bit. Sadly, Jimmy's grandmother, Deanie, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning. She was 97 and lived a very full life. The funeral is tomorrow so we will be traveling to Lafayette today for that. Burial will be in Acona, MS on Tuesday. Jimmy will be driving his parents so the boys and I will not be going. Please remember his family in your prayers--especially this Christmas. She was always a very vibrant part of the family and will be missed terribly.

We went to a festive Christmas party last night at the Leake's in Liberty and had a wonderful time as always. Bubbles the clown entertained the kids, Santa stopped by and the fireworks knocked our socks off.

We are headed to Baton Rouge today for the parade that passes right in front of Mama and Daddy's. So much festivity, I can hardly stand it. I'll leave you with this . . .

Getting to know your friends at Christmas

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both

2. Real tree or artificial? usually real, but artificial this year

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? the day or two after Christmas

5. Do you like eggnog? used to love it but now don't like it at all

6. Favorite gift received as a child? the doll clothes that my mother made right under my nose

7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes

8. Hardest person to buy for? my mother

9. Easiest person to buy for? my kids

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? not sure

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail definately!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually have some before then, but mostly the day after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mother-in-law's dressing, but don't tell my mother and all of the fudge and pralines--wish I could make divinity.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? usually colored for the kids, however the tree that I bought came with clear lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? this year dinner with my family at my house then always travel to New Iberia to Jimmy's family for a few days.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? of course

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? used to be an angel til she "died". just bout a cool star last weekedn.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? the kids get to open one present on Christmas Eve (a tradition that my mom started with us), then the rest of the gifts Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The fact that it gets so crazy that you don't have time to enjoy parties, etc...that it is just too busy.


Answer these questions and post them here.

1 comment:

furrfamily said...

1 both
2 REAL and as big as I can fit in the house!
3 Usually the day after thanksgiving, this year - last week!
4 New years day. A tradition my mom started. New years eve was her birthday.
5 Nope, not really
6 A perm. Yup. I really wanted curly hair like my mom's so she bought me a gift certificate for my hair to be permed - I was 13.
7 yes
8 Virgel - it is hard to pick out gun stuff and now deep sea fishing stuff.
9 my kids
10 I don't think there is one. Even if the gift wasn't a perfect fit the fact that someone thought to give me something is a wonderful thing.
11 Mail - someday - see my blog for an explaination
12 Miracle on 34 th street. I watched it with Mom, it makes me believe dreams and miracles really can happen - I know it is a movie. . .
13 Usually after thanksgiving
14 no
15 All of it! No wonder I gain weight
16 Colored on the tree, clear on the house
17 Silent night, a friend and I decided we were singers in the 3rd grade, convinced our mom's to make angel costumes and we went to all the rooms in school singing it. What were we thinking?
18 This year stay home. Every year it is different, but I am looking forward to staying put. I will miss seeing everyone.
19 Yup
20 Angel. She is beautiful. She has real feather wings that move. Ani can't believe it
21 Christmas morning. Mom and Dad never let me open on Christmas Eve - I now get to torture mine!
22 How rude people can be when out shopping. You know there will be lines, you know the stores will run out of stuff so instead of getting grumpy - just pick a Christmas song and SING - everyone around you will at least crack a smile.

Merry Christmas AMY!
ps. I am looking for comments on my blog. . . . .