Saturday, December 23, 2006

"Joseph went with Wanda."


My sweet dear Lukee gave me the greatest gift last night--a laugh from something that he said, so sweet and innocent. I hope to never forget this one . . . .

We were sitting at the dinner table when out of nowhere he said, "Mama, Where did Joseph go with Wanda?" I had no idea what he was talking about so I told him to repeat himself. And he said again, "Where did Joseph go with Wanda?" I was even more confused so I asked him, "What are you talking about?" And in the sweetest, most precious way, only the innocence of a child could give, he said, "You know in that song you sing, Joseph went with Wanda." It was then that I realized what he was talking about and I couldn't contain my laughter--the lyrics to "Mary Did You Know" say, "Joseph wept with wonder." I guess he has heard me sing it so many times that he has memorized it--now if only I could sing more clearly, right?

Merry Christmas!

No comments: