Sunday, December 03, 2006

Trying to recover . . . .

from yesterday -- super-charged Christmas shopping!!!!!! I left my house at 5:30 am and got home at midnight. What a blast I had shopping with my supper club friends. All six of us fit very comfortably into Benita's suburban however after 14 hours of shopping, it wasn't so comfortable. I think I had SIX bags on my lap on the way home. I can't believe that I didn't take my camera b/c there were some shots to be taken, especially when Anita and I camped out on the leather recliner in Target -- and it was comfortable too. We laughed and cut up and had an awesome time--and I found lots of GREAT gifts. My find of the day, well I can't say b/c I bought it for two people on my list and they are going to be soooooooo lucky to get this gift!!!!! aren't you just dying to know? call me and I will tell you if you want to hear about a GREAT deal! Thanks to Debbie Smith who kept my boys for over 12 hours. What a dream babysitter she is. She fixed a full breakfast for them when they arrived at 8am--and had prepared enough for Jimmy too--then she took them to Sonic, made cookies with them, made homemade pizza with them for supper, roasted marshmallows in their fire pit, played ping-pong with the boys, bought them all remote-controlled cars, the movie CARS and then told me when I called, "I bet I am having more fun than you are!" Jimmy picked them up at 8pm and she had roast and rice and gravy ready for him. He told me that if anything should happen to me on the way home, that he would be moving in with her!!!!!! (Love you too, honey) Wonder what her dear hubby would think of that! Anyway, when we arrived at church today, I started to feel bad because I didn't see her car and thought that she was too worn out to get up and go, however she was there and told me that she so enjoyed the boys and to bring them anytime--Anytime, you say? hhhmmmm . . . . . She even offered to keep them for Jimmy and I to go away for the weekend. Ok, this sounds too good to be true, however lucky for me, it is not! You see there are still good people in this world and I am blessed enough to know one--thanks Debbie!

Back to wrapping gifts!

Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time and the boys did too!! Talk later,
ta

furrfamily said...

You shopping trip sounds awesome! It makes me so home sick. I would have loved to join you guys on that trip, although it doesn't sound like there was room. Virginia and I spent one day shopping together and enjoyed it. We loaded up the back of her Excursion and had a sitter for the kids. After the long outage with nothing, but junk food our lunch at a REAL restaurant was AWESOME! We went to Dan Marinos. The food was really good. Ruston even went for a try - sticking his whole hand in my potatoes! Take care, I miss you all terribly!