Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sad and Scared

I was in McComb on Monday, picking up baseball uniforms when I heard on TV about the shootings at Va Tech. After the shock wore off, now I am just sad AND scared. Sad for the lives lost, mostly young men and women whose lives were just beginning and sad for their families. Can you imagine sending your beloved child off to college and having this happend? Oh my, what despair! AND scared because THIS is the world we live in today--the world that my children are living in. Scared for them to grow up, never want to let them go, never let them out of my sight. Scared because there are just some things that are out of our control and we never know when it might be "my" child. I am just overwhelmed with emotions as I think about this tragedy and all of the others that are happening on a daily basis in THIS world. So I suppose that the lesson here might be to NOT be 'in' this world because we are promised a better place someday . . . . . .

No comments: