Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stung times 14!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was something out of a horror movie at our house. I was on the phone with a friend when I heard screaming--that kind that breaks a mother's heart and terrifies even a stranger--and Noah ran in the house with yellow jackets all over him. They were stuck to his clothes and were stinging him! So I grabbed a magazine (his Golf Digest that just came yesterday which is no longer readable) and started beating them off of him. They were also swarming around him and the other boys were screaming. It was terrile. It took me about 3 or 4 minutes to get them all off of him. Most of the time when I hit one, it would sting him there. It breaks me up thinking about it. So we went into the bathroom to start putting toothpaste on him when the phone rang (BTW, Anita who I was on the phone with at the time this all happend was freaking out b/c she thought the worse--a snake bite, falling off the horse, a tractor accident, etc.) and it was Anita again. Luke answered and was explaining to her what happend when one stung him and he started screaming into the phone, etc. I sure would like to hear Anita's side of the story! Anyway, then Asa started crying b/c he was afraid one would sting him. So we are all prisoners in my bathroom--crying b/c of a sting(s) or b/c of fear of one. So I brave it all and go into the living room to kill the ones that got away. When it was all said and done, there were about 20 dead ones on the floor. Hours later, one of the ones that I thought was dead was buzzing in a tied up garbage bag! Those suckers are mean!!!!! It was a very restless evening for Noah. I think Benadryl did the opposite on him--he got very aggitated and restless and could not sit still, was in a lot of pain, etc. AFter we tried everything--Tylenol, cold compresses, toothpaste, Dermoplast spray, cold bath, warm bath, ride in the car, movie, etc., he finally fell asleep in my bed where it is the coolest. He awoke this morning, typical 12 year old who knows everything--didn't want me to put Benadryl cream on him, etc.-- and went to school.

I sure hope this afternoon is a normal one. Normal for us? not sure what that is anymore.

No comments: