Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Sunday morning to you!

Well, here I am, skipping church, trying to have a little quiet time . . . but Luke stayed with me and he is in the background, asking a thousand questions. He is at such a wonderful stage of curosity and with such a thirst for learning. Constantly wanting me to spell for him so that he can write down words; constantly drawing or coloring or creating. Love him!

So, to catch up on the Abadies . . . where do I start? well, last week I took the boys to a 4-H meeting. For those of you who are not familiar with 4-H, it is more than showing animals. There are tons of other activities to do: sewing, baking, photography, record keeping, judging, etc. Also, I was not in 4-H but Jimmy and his sisters were, his dad was a county agent, his mom was a 4-H agent; and there were hundreds of kids in his county 4-H group. He went on a 4-H trip every summer, etc. Well, our county has 10, count them 10, kids in the 4-H program. And at the meeting I mentioned, there were 4 kids, MY four kids. Such a let down but you gotta start somewhere. Anyway, there is an exhibit day coming up on the 14 where the kids can make something and display it at the county level (which for us is in the library) and the blue ribbons will go on to the state fair in October. So my boys are going to each enter several catagories, hoping to go on to state. Their chances are more than good since it is highly possible that they will be the only ones with an exhibit at the county level. Anyway, after we returned from the meeting, Luke wanted to do a Lego structure of none other than the Mississippi State Capitol. don't ask here he got that idea, don't know. so we printed a pic off the internet and away we went to build. It was going pretty well: steps, colums, etc. then we got stuck and couldn't figure out how to build a roof, then it collapsed in the middle of it and he said, "forget it." I have to admit I was glad. Because for him to enter it, we would have to glue it together. now that sounds like a 10 day project! so he will probably draw something. Asa is taking landscape and animal pics, Andrew is entering his baseball collection and not sure about Noah yet. Rest assured he will come up with something. And one of them, not sure who, is going to make a first aid kit. Will let you know who wins a ribbon. and hoping to get the shooting sports program up and running. There is a man who lives in Wville who trained Olympic shooters who wants to help with our county's program. and of course, anything that involves a gun excites my boys.

Ok, now time to brag on my boys. There are many days that I have nothing to report with all the fighting, whining, aggravating, etc. but last Thursday Jimmy had to load 100 square bales which takes him about 1 hour by himself and it is hot and muggy and it is hard work. Well, Andrew and Noah dissapeared and guess where they were. . . . that's right, loading the 100 bales together, without being told! oh my, Jimmy and I were so proud. they did it without being told, just to help their daddy out. the next morning, JImmy and I were still bragging on them when Andrew said, "yeah, the only problem now is that he knows we can do it by ourselves!"

then yesterday we went to bay st. louis to Joelle and Scott's sweet baby boy's first birthday party. more on that later; gotta finish bragging first . . . anyway, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner and as we go up to leave, Noah said, "I'll leave the tip and proceeded to pull out a $5.00 bill." boy he is really growing up! so proud again. and have I mentioned that he and Andrew both give their own money out of their own wallets in church every Sunday. Noah gave a $20 bill a few Sundays ago which was just about 10% of what he had earned that week. They really are growing into fine young men.

Back to the party: the boys and I so enjoyed seeing Joelle and Scott and Landon--what a cutie! his smile is precious! the weather did not cooperate but the boys had fun anyway sliding down the water slide. I am hoping that Landon is enjoying it today since the big kids were a bit too rough for him. Thanks Joelle for inviting us. So good to see you yesterday.

And on the way there we stopped at Robyn's and visited with her and her beautiful children. So cool that she lives so close now. I am going to visit her in about 2 2 weeks and that will make 6 times in less than a year that we have seen each other; 3 times in less than 2 months. That is amazing considering we have probably only seen each other 5 times in the last 10 years before this past year. Thankful for good friends!

Well, since I was a heathen and skipped church, I atleast better get something productive done.

P.S. I'll try to be a better blogger from now on.

No comments: