Saturday, February 21, 2009

THIS AND THAT

I forgot to write about Noah's sciene fair project. The awards ceremony was Monday night and we didn't go. Ok, let me expalin. Noah said it was not mandatory and he didn't want to go and I had a headache and Jimmy was still working and we just knew he wouldn't win, etc. Sooooooooo I got a text message from a friend that he won 2nd place in his category and his project will go on to the district fair. What? ok, lame parents we are. The she texted me that we MUST pick up our project right then. So off to the school we flew and when we got there, there was not a soul in sight. what! anyway, lesson learned. Always go to your child's events even if all the cards are telling you not to.

Last night, while backing out of the carport, with all of the kids in the van, including an extra who was spending the night with Andrew, I felt a bump. . . that bump was Pepper, Andrew's cat who he has had since he was three. She was flopping around everywhere so I hurriedly backed out and left Jimmy there to take care of her. Why didn't she get out of the way like she always had before? She died a few minutes later. So sad. I can't say that I am THAT sad. But sad for Andrew. He has a tender heart which I am proud he does. But this cat for me, was a thorn in my side. She came into my house all the time and I would have to catch her because she got sooooo good at running away. And when I would catch her, she would usually stick her paws out into my skin. She was even REAL good at pawing things out of your hand, thus making you bleed. Really! she was an evil soul. A few weeks ago, as I was driving to Cville she jumped on the back of my seat scaring the begeezus out of me. The entire drive, she would jump on my lap and dig her claws into me. I was so tempted to pull over and drop her off. But I do have a heart, sometimes. Then when Noah and I got out at the store, she jumped out and wouldn't come to us. So I decided I would leave her there. But Noah talked me out of it. He said that would be cruel. Ok, he was right. Then he got out and got her. And said, "now if we wanted to throw her out while going 65 down the highway, I wouldn't have a problem with that." what! anyway, we saved her life that night.

So sad for Andrew. Luke in his sweet little 6 year old self suggested that we get Andrew a kitty. Sweet kid, but I think I'll pass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, poor Andrew and what a sweet thought from Luke! My husband Sean is a cat man. We tried it for a while and it was just too much. i finally convinced him that we just weren't home enough to really do our cat justice. He let me take it to the SPCA where an elderly woman promptly took it right home. It worked out for the best. I'm sorry that your situation ended up being a little more sticky! -e