Monday, September 21, 2009

Words from Jeff Foxworthy

I LOVE Jeff Foxworthy. He is hilarious to me! However I never expected anything profound to come from his lips. But yesterday in the Parade magazine, there was an interview of him. And I LOVE what he said about children and God. Here is it:

"The most important lesson I have learned from my own kids is that they have given me a small glimpse of how God must feel about us. You know, your spouse is capable of doing something where you wouldn't love him or her anymore, but your kids aren't. It doesn't mean you don't get angry or frustrated with them, but you cannot NOT love them. They're an awesome gift. And I kind of think that's how God looks at us, like, "Oh, good grief, you are so stupid, you're driving me crazy, but I still love you."

2 comments:

furrfamily said...

I like that - I think I have said that!

TerryA said...

Amen!!