Tuesday, September 15, 2009

words of wisdom from a fellow blogger

A dear friend of mine shared this with me today from another blog. I take no credit for the words of wisdom.

"Here is a bible verse that has been speaking to me lately and I thought I would share.
...but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. Philippians 3:13
Do you ever have days of discontentment? I do. Especially today for some reason. I feel discontent staying at home...being bored, cleaning up messes. again. and again. and again. You know? I was reading my bible and came upon this verse and it hit me. hard. I am being discontent with my circumstances. If my circumstances were to change would I be happier? Probably not. I would still be discontent.
Forget the days that are behind you. You will never have them back {and believe me when I say, I don't want mine back!} Don't get stuck in what was. What good will that do? God wants us to move forward and live in the present not the past. Reach ahead. Press on. Be content where God has you now"


Powerful isn't it?

No comments: